Senior Informatica & SQL ETL Engineer
At Bitscopic, we bring high definition to patient data delivering actionable insights for Clinicians and empowering them with the knowledge to make better decisions. Our mission is to help providers achieve better care outcomes through these insights.
As a Senior Informatica ETL Engineer with strong SQL experience, you will play a vital role in our data engineering team, designing, developing, and maintaining ETL workflows and data integration solutions using Informatica PowerCenter and leveraging your expertise in SQL and database technologies. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather data requirements, optimize ETL performance, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of our data throughout the ETL lifecycle. You will help us build and expand our products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking. This is a high-impact role that influences our growth and future. The position is permanently remote, where you can work anywhere from within the U.S./Canada.
You will do much more than just write code – you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation to delivery, with great autonomy. In collaboration with stakeholders across clinical customers, R&D, and sales, your work will impact the lives of patients all across the country.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior ETL Engineer with a focus on Informatica, including designing, developing, and maintaining ETL workflows and data integration solutions.
- Strong expertise in SQL and database technologies (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) with the ability to write complex queries and optimize database performance.
- Comprehensive understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modeling, and data integration best practices.
- Proficiency in Informatica PowerCenter and other related Informatica tools, along with hands-on experience with Informatica transformations, mappings, and workflows.
- Familiarity with data quality and data governance principles to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Ability to work with large datasets and experience in performance-tuning ETL processes for optimal efficiency.
- Solid understanding of data security, encryption, and privacy standards to safeguard sensitive information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to troubleshooting ETL and data-related issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to mentor and guide junior team members.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and implement complex ETL workflows and data integration processes using Informatica PowerCenter and related tools.
- Collaborate with business analysts, data architects, and other stakeholders to gather and understand data requirements and translate them into ETL solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation for ETL processes, including data mappings, transformations, and integration rules, ensuring adherence to data standards and best practices.
- Optimize ETL performance by fine-tuning SQL queries, data loading strategies, and indexing techniques to enhance overall data processing efficiency.
- Develop and implement data validation and testing procedures to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data throughout the ETL lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues, ensuring timely resolution and minimal impact on data delivery and business operations.
- Collaborate with database administrators and system administrators to manage ETL environments, ensuring high availability and data security.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in ETL, data integration, and data warehousing to continuously improve the data engineering processes.
- Knowledge of data streaming technologies (e.g., Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi) and real-time data integration techniques.
- Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and distributed computing frameworks.
- Previous experience in data migration projects or data integration across heterogeneous systems.
- Certifications in Informatica or related technologies.
- Involvement in open-source ETL projects or contributions to the ETL community.
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to impact and save lives positively. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for 6+ years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our start in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards – Salary $100,000-$150,000
- Top-quality medical insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA contributions.
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- Life Insurance, LTD
- PTO / vacation