Senior Full-stack Software Engineer – Java
At Bitscopic, we bring high definition to patient data delivering actionable insights for Clinicians and empowering them with the knowledge to make better decisions. Our mission is to help providers achieve better care outcomes through these insights.
You will do much more than just write code – you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation to delivery, with great autonomy. In collaboration with stakeholders across clinical customers, R&D, and sales, your work will impact the lives of patients all across the country.
What You Will do
- Build across the stack from the back-end to APIs and middle-tier to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Design and build large-scale, distributed, highly available, well-tested, and easily managed applications.
- Draw from previous experience building highly scalable systems to influence and steer improvements within our distributed Engineering team.
- Create and manage new applications to power new product initiatives and expand web applications within our existing products and technology stack.
- Work collaboratively with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and applications.
What you bring to the team (must have)
- 10+ years of engineering experience with a good understanding of designing robust and scalable services.
- Solid experience writing SQL code
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Previously worked in a small/startup environment juggling priorities, a fast-paced setting, and being a self-starter with
- A keen sense of end-to-end ownership to deliver.
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and the ability to talk to customers and other teams.
- Familiar with HIPAA and healthcare
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to impact and save lives positively. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for 6+ years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our start in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards
- Top-quality medical insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA contributions.
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- Life Insurance, LTD
- PTO / vacation