Test and Quality Assurance (QA) Software Engineer
At Bitscopic, we bring high definition to patient data delivering actionable insights for Clinicians and empowering them with the knowledge to make better decisions. Our mission is to help providers achieve better care outcomes through these insights.
We are looking for a talented and experienced QA Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a QA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and functionality of our software applications, with a specific focus on manual and automated UI testing. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in software testing, with expertise in both manual and automated UI testing techniques. Additionally, experience in the healthcare domain will be highly valued due to the nature of our projects.
You will do much more than just write code and do QA – you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation to delivery, with great autonomy. In collaboration with stakeholders across clinical customers, R&D, and sales, your work will impact the lives of patients all across the country.
Please note – We can only accept applications from U.S. citizens or Green Card holders.
What You Will do
- Conduct thorough and comprehensive testing of our software applications, focusing on the user interface (UI) functionality and usability.
- Develop and execute manual test cases and test scripts to validate the UI features, functionality, and user experience.
- Collaborate closely with the development team and subject matter experts to identify and resolve software defects and issues.
- Perform exploratory testing to uncover any hidden bugs, usability issues, or edge cases that may impact the user experience.
- Design and implement automated UI test scripts using industry standard tools and frameworks.
- Execute automated tests and analyze test results to identify potential defects and ensure the stability and reliability of the software.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and provide valuable insights during the development lifecycle.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest testing methodologies, tools, and industry best practices.
What you bring to the team (must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a QA Tester, with a strong emphasis on manual and automated UI testing.
- Solid knowledge of software testing methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Proficiency in creating and executing test cases, test scenarios, and test scripts.
- Hands-on experience with industry-standard automated testing tools and frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, TestComplete, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web UI testing principles, including cross-browser compatibility, responsiveness, and accessibility.
- Familiarity with healthcare systems, terminologies, and regulations is highly desirable.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detaila.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continuous learning mindset and a passion for staying updated with industry trends and technologies.
- Familiar with HIPAA and healthcare
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to impact and save lives positively. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for 6+ years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our start in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards
- Top-quality medical insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA contributions.
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- Life Insurance, LTD
- PTO / vacation