Senior Integration Software Engineer
At Bitscopic, we bring high definition to patient data delivering actionable insights for Clinicians and empowering them with the knowledge to make better decisions. Our mission is to help providers achieve better care outcomes through these insights.
We are looking for an experienced Integration Engineer to build & maintain systems for processing data feeds HL7 2.x and FHIR) to support products across the Bitscopic portfolio. This is a high-impact role that influences our growth and future. This role is part- or full-time and fully remote. A VERY big bonus if you have experience with MUMPS and/or VistA.
You will have full ownership to drive tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion. This is a startup environment, so you are never confined to one narrow area while juggling priorities and considering trade-offs.
What You Will do
- Lead our integration efforts around HL7, FHIR, and integration with various EMR systems and related ETL for these areas.
- Work closely with the engineering team to execute requirements and priorities for the product roadmap and backlogs.
- Identify technical issues and resolve issues
- Proactively work to improve system performance and operational efficiency
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of experience with HL7, FHIR & Systems Integration
- Good understanding of databases & ability to build well-performing ETL pipelines
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experienced Python & C# engineer
- C#/.NET 6+ and web service skills on both Windows & Linux
- VistA/MUMPS Development (e.g. writing new M functionality, creating and distributing patches, working knowledge of namespacing, coding conventions (VA’s SAC guidelines))
- VistA HL7
- experience with configuring VistA HL7 messaging
- Troubleshooting VistA HL7
- Consuming/interfacing with HL7 messages
- Working knowledge of out-of-the-box available HL7 message types
- Inter-package HL7 messaging knowledge is desirable
- Ability to articulate requirements for establishing new connections
- Ability to test end-to-end in a non-production environment
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to impact and save lives positively. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for 6+ years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our start in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards
- Top-quality medical insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA contributions.
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- Life insurance, LTD
- PTO / vacation