Senior Integration Software Engineer
We are looking for a part- or full-time remote, experienced Integration Engineer with solid VistA experience to help us build & maintain data/ETL pipelines, manage HL7 and similar messaging infrastructure, and build new APIs and tools to support products across the Bitscopic portfolio.
This is a high-impact role that influences our growth and future.
If you have a solid history of VistA system administration & development but also enjoy leveraging modern development tools and technologies to create truly innovative solutions, we want to hear from you. Bitscopic’s products span the healthcare informatics space – from data analytics to machine learning, bioinformatics, clinical trials, and infectious disease tracking – and VistA is foundational to all our projects.
You will have responsibility for the data that powers a suite of products that are focused on analytics, visualization, reporting, and workflow automation within healthcare, working closely with the engineering team and subject matter experts to understand needs and provide the data needed by our products.
You will have full ownership to drive tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion. This is a startup environment, which means you are never confined to one narrow area while juggling priorities and considering trade-offs. While the highest priority is always given to day-to-day operational needs, you will also have the opportunity to help grow our VistA portfolio and pursue any personal passion projects.
What you will do
- Work closely with the engineering team to execute requirements and priorities for product roadmap and backlogs.
- Identify technical issues and resolve issues
- Proactively work to improve system performance and operational efficiency
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of experience in VistA development and System Administration
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- VistA System Administration (e.g. setting up a new system from scratch (Intersystems Cache, GT.M, Patching – retrieval, review & installation, HL7)
- VistA/MUMPS Development (e.g. writing new M functionality, creating and distributing patches, working knowledge of namespacing, coding conventions (VA’s SAC guidelines))
- VistA HL7
- Extensive experience with configuring VistA HL7 messaging
- Troubleshooting VistA HL7
- Consuming/interfacing-with HL7 messages
- Working knowledge of out-of-the-box available HL7 message types
- Inter-package HL7 messaging knowledge is desirable
- Ability to clearly articulate requirements for establishing new connections
- Ability to test end-to-end in a non-production environment
- Experience in Visual Studio/C#, Eclipse, Netbeans and/or IntelliJ IDEs w/ Java (or equivalent)
- Experience writing applications against VistA/Cerner/generic EMR systems
Target compensation range – $150-$200K – includes signing bonus, equity etc.
Bitscopic is a data analytics company at the intersection of artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, and decision science. Our software suite empowers healthcare organizations to reduce costs, improve patient care outcomes, and mitigate the spread of infectious diseases. Bitscopic also provides solutions for managing complex clinical trials, operational efficiency, and other bioinformatics areas.
WHY JOIN US?
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to positively impact and save lives. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for over six years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our founding in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards
- Top-quality medical insurance including dental, vision, as well as FSA employer contributions
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- 401(k), Life insurance, LTD