Senior Frontend/UI Software Engineer
At Bitscopic, we bring high definition to patient data delivering actionable insights for Clinicians and empowering them with the knowledge to make better decisions. Our mission is to help providers achieve better care outcomes through these insights.
We are seeking a seasoned frontend/User Experience (UX) Engineer with sharp technical and design skill to develop and deliver intuitive, clean, and technically innovative products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking space.
This is a remote position where you can work from anywhere as we are a geographically distributed company. Applicants need to be from the U.S. or Canada. You will have end-to-end ownership of the user interface for multiple products, working closely with clinical SMEs to bring to life fully and intuitive UI functionality. You will also work closely with the rest of the engineering team for integration and other aspects. You will constantly iterate on interactions and details to deliver the optimal experience.
Using your experience, you will have full ownership to drive to deliver on UI while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion on the vision, strategy, and implementation of UX/UI. This is a small-company environment, which means you are never confined to one narrow area while juggling priorities and considering trade-offs. This is a high-impact role, setting the direction of UI/UX for our products for years to come.
Please note – We can only accept applications from U.S. citizens or Green Card holders.
What you bring to the team
- Proven experience working with commercially used products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in implementing complex user interfaces.
- Experience in development or prototyping, including wireframing.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and able to take end to end ownership.
- Demonstrated a sense of web design and was attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Successful track record of projects with large scope (e.g., number of users, data volume, complexity)
- Has worked on formulating vision and strategy for UX/UI, a suite of products.
What you will do
- Work closely with customers, SMEs, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate, and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
- Mission-Driven – We are self-funded, owned by the team, and entirely focused on making a meaningful impact in healthcare while maintaining collaborative, transparent communication and ego-free team culture.
- Team Culture – We all value work-life balance, personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and fun. We build essential products to impact and save lives positively. On our team, everyone’s voice is a vital contribution to the mission. Most of our team members have been with us for 6+ years.
- Freedom to Focus – Leverage flexibility, autonomy, and schedule to do your best work. Control your approach to achieve results, along with the responsibility of delivering for the team and our customers.
- Location Independent – Work from anywhere. We’ve been a distributed team since our start in 2012.
- Family-friendly work culture
- Competitive compensation, including stock option awards
- Top-quality medical insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA contributions.
- Evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend working
- Life insurance, LTD
- PTO / vacation