We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build and expand our products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking. This is a high-impact role that influences our growth and future.
The position is remote, where you can work anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. As a database engineer on our team, you’ll build the products and technology that enable our customers to get insights, analytics, and productivity that result in safe, high-quality patient care. You’ll do much more than just write code – you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation to delivery. In collaboration with stakeholders across clinical customers, R&D, and sales, your work will impact patients’ lives across the country. At Bitscopic, you will build technology to help turn physicians and nurses into better healthcare professionals and power them with the knowledge to make better decisions.
Ideally, you are a Software Engineer / Database Architect by background who is comfortable taking end-to-end ownership, from analyzing and understanding requirements to design, execution and delivery. You love working primarily on the data(base) side of things.
What you will do:
- Based on requirements for various use cases, analyze, develop and deliver queries and stored procedures that the ETL or application layer can use
- Provide guidance and support to the application developers to develop database code
- Provide data investigation and data analysis support to the SMEs
- Work with the application developers and SMEs to resolve data issues
- Write and tune SQL queries
- Write SQL code for the various application use cases and data patches
- Deploy SQL code to multiple staging and production environments
What you bring to the team
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years working as a database developer (not DBA)
- Hands-on experience working on large Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries and SQL code
- Valuable experience in SQL query tuning
- Experience in doing data testing and profiling
- Strong data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized and initiative-taking with the ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Startup experience (juggling priorities, fast-paced environment, self-starter)
- Previous experience with big-data technologies (e.g. HBase, Solr etc)
- ETL experience
- Familiar with HIPAA and healthcare