We are seeking a seasoned frontend/User Experience (UX) Engineer with sharp technical and design skill to develop and deliver intuitive, clean, and technically innovative products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking space.
This is a remote position where you can work from anywhere as we are a geographically distributed company. Applicants need to be from the U.S. or Canada. You will have end-to-end ownership of user interface for multiple products, working closely with clinical SMEs to bring to life fully and intuitive UI functionality. You will also work closely with the rest of the engineering team for integration and other aspects. You will iterate constantly on interactions, and details to deliver the optimal experience.
Using your experience, you will have full ownership to drive to deliver on UI while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion on vision, strategy, and implementation of UX/UI. This is a small-company environment, which means you are never confined to one narrow area while juggling priorities and considering trade-offs. This is a high impact role, setting the direction of UI/UX for our products for years to come.
- Proven experience working with on commercially used products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in implementing complex user interfaces.
Proven experience working with below on commercially used products
- Experience in development or prototyping, including wireframing.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, etc.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and able to take end to end ownership.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Successful track record of projects with large scope (e.g. number of users, data volume, complexity)
- Has worked on formulating vision, strategy for UX/UI a suite of products.
- Work closely with customers, SMEs, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate, and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
We are unable to sponsor visas currently.