We are seeking a seasoned frontend/User Experience (UX) Engineer with sharp technical and design to develop and deliver intuitive, clean, and technically innovative products in healthcare analytics, bioinformatics, and infectious disease tracking space.
This is a remote position where you can work from anywhere as we are a geographically distributed company. Applicants need to be from the U.S. or Canada. You will have end-to-end ownership of all things UX for multiple products, working closely with users and clinical SMEs to collect and translate requirements into UX concepts, wireframes to fully and intuitive UI functionality. You will also work closely with engineers to integrate your implementation with the rest of the stack. You will iterate constantly on designs, interactions, and subtle details to deliver the optimal experience.
Using your experience, you will have full ownership to drive tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion. This is a startup environment, which means you are never confined to one narrow area while juggling priorities and considering trade-offs.
- Proven experience working with on commercially used products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience in development or prototyping, including wireframing.
Proven experience working with below on commercially used products
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, etc.
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and able to take end to end ownership.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Work closely with customers, SMEs, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate, and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.
We are unable to sponsor visas currently.